My name is Michael Corbin I'm 18 years old and live in Novato. This is my 3rd semester at the JC and right now my major is undecided. Currently I work at at a tire shop were I install new tires for cars. I'm still just getting the feel for what I wanna do as far a career. I'm interested in a few thing and am looking into Careers in Automotive repair, remodeling, and something in the nutrition field.
As far as learning goes I try to spread work out over time but everyone knows that doesn't always work out the way you want.. In this class I hope to improve my critical response and writing skills. This is my first online class at the JC and I hope it goes smoothly. I took English 302 with Lauren last semester and hope it goes as well as last semester.
Hi Michael,
ReplyDeleteI'm glad you decided to take another class with me. We're definitely working on critical responses this semester, so you'll get more practice. Online classes are very similar to face-to-face ones, but the critical differences are the interface and the demand it places on students to take responsibility for their own learning and to meet assignment deadlines. I'm sure you'll do fine.
I'm looking forward to working with you again.
Take care,
Lauren
Hello Michael,
ReplyDeleteYou are working and attending college, that's a great thing, getting yourself busy. It seems that you have not decided your major yet. Speaking form experience, it is always better to decide your major and take classes accordingly otherwise you will be wasting time like me.
Career in automobiles could be really productive these days as the demand of automobiles are growing. I wish you a luck with career and studies.
Sujan.
This comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDeleteHey Michael
ReplyDeleteI was born and raised in Novato what high school did you go to? Automotive restoration is one of my hobbies you should see my 71 duster im working on and im sure you will ive been working on it since 2004 and we are almost done just came out of the paint booth last month it will be cool to talk to you about cars since you are thinking about becoming a mechanic i assume you have a passion for cars
John Lewis
Hi Michael -
ReplyDeleteWelcome to the online class world. I have taken all my courses online and love the flexibility. I work full-time so online classes allow me to complete my course work at night.
A good way to come to the conclusion of what you would like to major in, is talk to people who are working in the field you are interested in. When I did, it helped me realize what I really wanted to do.
Thank you,
Sarah Baker